CTP Greenslips NSW

Compare Greenslips from the 7 licensed CTP insurers in NSW

Compulsory third party insurance, commonly known as CTP, is a statutory cover required when an owner registers a vehicle in Australia.

In New South Wales, CTP insurance is often referred to as a 'green slip'. The name was coined from the colour of the page that the form is printed on.

CTP insurance must be paid in order to get your vehicle registered. In NSW, customers have a choice of CTP provider. The 7 licensed insurers are AAMI, Allianz, CIC Allianz, GIO, NRMA, QBE and Zurich.

CTP in New South Wales is regulated by the MAA (Motor Accidents Authority).

What does CTP insurance cover?

If you, or a driver of your registered vehicle, are at fault of a motor vehicle accident, a NSW CTP green slip will compensate for death or injuries caused to other parties in the accident who file a personal injury claim. This coverage includes drivers, any passengers inside all vehicles involved in the accident, as well as pedestrians and/or cyclists.

In NSW, greenslip coverage also extends to compensate injuries caused through the use of a trailer.

Further improvements to the Green slip scheme were made in October 2006 in a bid to provide even greater protection in certain motor vehicle accidents, regardless of which driver was at fault. Further information can be found on the MAA website.

Can I get a better deal on CTP?

We have kindly been provided with a CTP Green slip calculator by the Motor Accidents Authority of New South Wales. Proceed to the online Green Slip CalculatorĀ® to see if you can get a better deal.

Car Insurance

Don't just save on CTP! Compare Comprehensive Car Insurance and you could save!

https://ecommerce.disconline.com.au/cc/car_quote.jsp? Compare Car Insurance
Feedback Form